Officially launched on 5th May 2009. (:

Friday, March 6, 2009

Hakka "Lei Cha"

Hello food lovers! Hon Mun's here - First of all thank for visiting our food blog, I am of the owner/contributor of this blog among them. What I do? Currently I'm jobless *sigh* still in the mood of hunting job - LOL! Anyway, "I do blog - I do photography - I do eat" check out my blog @ munster0606.blogspot.com

Mmmm.. Did you guys know of Lui Cha (in cantonese)? Basically it is one of the Hakka tea-based beverage or gruel consisting of a mix of tea leaves that are ground or pounded together with various roasted nuts, seeds, and grains with rice. Ahaks! This is my first food post as contributor in g-eat.blogspot.com

A week a ago, one of my friend brougth me to try Hakka Lei Cha at Taman Sri Sinar, Segambut. It was my 1st time to try Hakka foods (if not mistaken) lolol. Let see photos okay?

Photo sharing begin here:

Photobucket
#1 - Restoran Hor Poh (Cuisine).


Photobucket
#2 - The interior. "Hor Poh Yuen" (cantonese)


Photobucket
#3 - Fried "Fu Chuk", appetizer. (RM2)


Photobucket
#4 - Set of Lui Cha. (RM10)


Photobucket
#5 - Details of the set. (seeds, nuts, tea leaves, etc)


Photobucket
#6 - Details of the set. (Mint soup)


Photobucket
#7 - Details of the set. (White Rice)


Photobucket
#8 - Poured all together with rice.


Photobucket
#9 - Mixed. (This is Lui Cha!!!)


Overall it's taste okay for me. Although like vegetarian food, I would give for a second try to it but not for now lah. I rate 6/10 for Lui Cha (why 6? cos' my first to eat Lui Cha). You should give a try on it.

Wonders where is this place? Here the address:

Restoran Hor Poh (Cuisine)

No.36, Jalan 6/38D,
Taman Sri Sinar,
Segambut 51200,
Kuala Lumpuer.

Tel: 03 - 6277 8903

p/s: what's in your mind after browsing thru all the photo? Share your comment can?

2 comments:

Marie said...

Emm...I luv lei cha too! You can try "Ah Nyok Lei Cha", new in PJ. Just call their hotline 78806168 and tey will deliver the food to your door step. 1Set RM6 and they sell some other "Kuih" too.

Anonymous said...

Hi, do you mind if we use some of your pictures with your web intial on our Hor poh cuisine facebook?

Thanks
Reese