Officially launched on 5th May 2009. (:

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Elephant, Section 17

Quietly tucked at the corner of Happy Mansion, My Elephant serves authentic Thai food. It's minimal and modern interior made the place looked like a cool cafe to hang out rather than a Thai restaurant. You wouldn't even guess that this place serves Thai food when you walked into this place for the first time. But please don't get me wrong, I love the whole concept, very chic.



The other side of the restaurant looks really nice with glass windows, tables with white cloth, chairs neatly arranged, fresh flowers on each of the table. Sorry.. don't have pic or it.. :p


This is KraChiap Cooler which is actually the Thai Roselle Herbal Tea. Tate a bit like Ribena.


Pandan Cooler

I don't really like the taste of it. Basically, I felt that it is plain water boiled together with pandan + sugar + sago.


Tod Man Plah (Handmade Deep Fried Thai Fish Cakes)


Fried paku (fern tips)

My first time trying paku I think. I didn't know ferns can be cooked and eaten.


Gaeng Keow Wan
(Thai Green Curry with Chicken)

I absolutely love the green curry. Quite a big portion and they cook with chicken fillets. The curry is thick, rich and creamy.


Tom Som

The soup taste and smells really good as they put a lot of lemongrass in it and some Thai herbs. Very appetizing to eat along with a bowl of rice and not spicy too.

Overall, love the place, love the food and service is not that bad too.

My Elephant is close on Mondays and they only serve lunch on other weekdays.

For more information like maps and menu, you can visit http://www.myelephant.com.my/. For reservation you can call 010-220 1283 which is best to book for dinner on weekends because the place is usually pack.

C-G-4 Happy Mansion
Jalan 17/13
Section 17, Petaling Jaya
Malaysia

5 comments:

Hon Mun said...

Woww! I tried their set lunch, cheap and nice food.. hhmmm I should try out their dinner, wanna tag along? ahaha!

cmei said...

waaa.. i mao tag but working on weekdays.. damn it.. lol.. green curry.. omg omg... i wan2 naik gila dee... pics r too nice n so tempting

YeeLeng said...

jom jom... let's go dinner there..

cmei said...

*woot* aku memang MAUUuuuuuuu....

Hon Mun said...

Boss cmei organise can!? :D